Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Britney may not be crazy after all...



Okay, well she probably is. But they say you don't know about someone until you walk a mile in their shoes. Well in my case it was more like hair. I recently had hair extensions as a fun experiment as a guinea pig for my stylist friend. They were long and fun and I enjoyed my month with them. Then, removal time came. We spent more time getting them out than in (4 hours!!) It was PAINFUL and sooo tedious. I asked numerous times if she would shave my head just to get it over with. That's when the lightbulb went off in my head that Britney wasn't crazy to shave her head, she just had hair extensions!









In other news, Steph at Adventures in Babywearing is holding a contest for a CD that my friend Scott's band made. It's a children's CD called Soundzania and it's super fun! Anyone with kids or shopping for a unique and fabulous kids present should go check them out!

3 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That makes a lot of sense about Britney! You never know - maybe she just wanted a fresh start after all that's been done to her head (inside & out!)

And thanks again for helping out with the Soundzania contest & everything!

Steph

Rach said...

Have you ever noticed how much a woman's identity is tied up with her hair? If a woman wants a change she changes her hair. A bad hair cut/do will flip a woman out because our hair is who we are. Maybe Brit was so very desperate for a change (and the extensions where such a pain in the butt) that shaving her head seemed like the best option. Your theory makes sense to me!

Jess said...

Allie, I remember trying to get extensions out of a hair show model one time and it was TORTURE for both of us!

I miss you and I'll try and catch up with you soon. Too fun that you are connected to someone featured on someone else's blog. It really is a small world after all (la la la!).