Thursday, January 15, 2009

Amazing!

I have a new favorite website. It's www.mint.com. I read about it in Real Simple I think and I heard about it on one of those "big spender" shows. You load your financial information in and it tracks your spending, shows you spending trends, let's you set a budget and keeps track of it. It's amazing! It also lets you know your credit card balances and emails you when you have a bill due, or your bank account gets low, any of those alerts. I'm not entirely sure how safe it is, I know it's reputable. Basically I think it's as safe as any internet transactions can be. I read up a bit on it and that seems to be the consensus. It's definitely holding me accountable for my money and is a huge wake up call to see what you're spending your money on. I spend WAY too much on restaurants!! My shameful admission that I was blissfully unaware of: in the past 4 months I have spent $189 at Sweetwater Tavern!! One restaurant alone!!!

Anyway, I made a budget and since I don't have to type in anything I will definitely track my spending and hopefully stick with it! I'll be in tip top financial shape if I do!

2 comments:

Jess T said...

Hmm...sounds like a good idea, but I'm afraid to look. :)

Actually, we've done really well over the last six months. I love Sweetwater, but I haven't been in quite some time. I'm actually going there with a friend next week. Has to be the first time in three months. That is good! :) Right?

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Thiss is really interesting! I started a strict budget for New Years...yikes. Hard to do, but important in these days...