Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A little of this, a little of that

I know I haven't updated in a while, these past couple weeks have been crazy! My sweet little Mama is doing fine, her second surgery went smoothly and she's now in a real cast, which is substantially better than the boot.

My new job is going well, I finally am starting to feel like a "regular" and my tasks are coming naturally to me. They're sending me on my first grown up business trip in December to work at one of our conferences which happens to be in.. Vegas baby! We're staying at the Mandalay Bay which is super nice. I'm really looking forward to meeting the clients, jewelry shopping at the expo (hello! hand-made silver and turquoise native american jewelry?) and perhaps going to see the National Finals Rodeo. Yeehaw!

I'm starting to look for condos to rent and I have already informed Justin that he will be spending labor day weekend going furniture shopping with me. Poor guy. :)

I had a sweet little Hannah moment today as I was getting my hair cut. Whenever Jess would cut her hair (in her cute little pixie-esque way) Hannah would say "I got a shortcut!" and that is just what I thought when turning to face the mirror. The funny thing is that that saying is the first thing I always think of when I get a "shortcut" but it just held such a bitter sweet resonance today.

That's all for now, hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Yay! Glad your new job is going well(with travel perks too!)and that your Mama is recovering. So great that you had a Hannah moment too...those are so important! :)

Jess T said...

Glad all is going well! Cute Hannah memory. :)

Rach said...

Ah, the "shortcut"! :o) Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

I'm so glad everything else is going well, and may I just say I'm more than a little jealous about the National Finals Rodeo. Seriously!

Ron and Kelly said...

Hi, Allie!

We're about to get back on the trail but had a sec to get on a computer. We'll be thinking about your Mom, and we're glad that she's doing better.

Congrats on the new job and home hunting. How exciting!

The Hannah story is adorable. That little one always did have the cutest haircuts or "shortcuts!"

Love,
Kelly

Jess said...

OK, I am all over the rodeo - too bad I'll be a million months preggo or I would crash your Vegas trip! :-)

Glad your poor mama is doing better. Hopefully she will be up and about and on the mend in no time.

Woohoo about condo shopping! Good luck and I'm sure you will find a really excellent deal.

As for the Hannah story, that was always one of my favorite Hannah-isms. She would call me up and tell me she really was in need of a "shortcut". The last hair cut I gave her was pretty darned short too- but she always looked so adorable with that short stacked bob, it was a Hannah signature hairstyle. :-)